General objetives of the degree
The general purpose that is pursued with the completion of the Degree in Audiovisual Communication and Journalism is to train students in the critical and reflective analysis of the reality of the social communication media and, in addition, to provide them with the cultural, technical and methodological knowledge necessary for the realization of communication products in the current and future media environment.
This knowledge should guide you both for conducting in-depth studies and specialization in the field of journalism and audiovisual communication as well as for the exercise of the profession.
The Bachelor's degree in Audiovisual Communication and Journalism is aimed at training versatile professionals who carry out their activity in the field of communication media, both from the creation, scriptwriting, realization, production, direction, programming, management, investigation and analysis of audiovisual and multimedia works, as in the analysis, communication and organization of information in its different supports, forms and purposes.
Students who have passed the Degree in Audiovisual Communication and Journalism will be able to apply their skills in the fields of the media, companies and institutional sectors of communication.
Upon completion of the Degree in Audiovisual Communication and Journalism, the student body will be able to:
- Demonstrate that they have acquired the critical capacity to approach the analysis of the current sociocultural reality, with special attention to the role that the media plays in it, so that it can be understood and transmitted in an understandable way to others.
- Demonstrate knowledge and mastery of the techniques, forms, processes of the media and their application in the field of creating informative, dramatic and persuasive content.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the most relevant concepts, categories and theories in the field of communication and the media, as well as their own analysis methodologies for the development of applied research.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to apply the fundamentals of informative, dramatic and persuasive speeches, as well as their different concretion in the various supports and media.
- Develop entrepreneurship to carry out innovative business projects within the current media reality.
- Develop creativity for the development of audiovisual, multimedia and interactive content.
- Develop the skills necessary for the exercise of professions related to the media.
- Demonstrate the acquisition of competence in Catalan, Spanish and English to communicate orally and in writing in the exercise of their profession.
- Possess and understand knowledge in an area of study that starts from the base of general secondary education, and is usually found at a level that, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that involve knowledge from the forefront of your field of study.
- Apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional way and possess the competencies that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and the resolution of problems within their area of study.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their study area) to make judgments that include reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues.
- To be able to transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialized and non-specialized audiences.
- Know how to develop those learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy.
- Develop independent learning strategies.
- Develop the capacity for organization and planning.
- Apply theoretical knowledge in practical activity.
- Develop knowledge of applied computing and digital systems.
- Develop information management capacity.
- Develop creativity, innovation and competitiveness.
- Develop critical thinking and reasoning and know how to communicate them effectively.
- Value respect for diversity and plurality of ideas.
- Develop command of oral and written Catalan, Spanish and English for use in the specific field of social communication media.
- Develop an adequate knowledge of the contemporary world and its recent historical evolution in the social, economic, political and cultural dimensions.
- Assess the mass media from a historical dimension that addresses its social, industrial and cultural aspects.
- Describe the main theories in the field of social communication media and their conceptual elaborations.
- Identify and analyze the structure of the media and industrial and business phenomena in this area.
- Develop adequate knowledge of communication policies and legislation in the field of the media.
- Identify and apply the ethical foundations and professional deontology in the exercise of activities related to the media.
- Apply the scientific method appropriately to research in the field of communication, as well as present the results of the research process.
- Conceive, plan and execute projects in the field of the media in all types of media.
- Identify contemporary traditions in the creation of informative and non-informative discourses.
- Design the formal and aesthetic aspects in the written, audiovisual, multimedia and interactive media.
- Mastering the technologies and systems used to process, develop and transmit content on all types of media.
- Identify and apply the theoretical and practical foundations of audiovisual communication and communication on the internet.
- Identify and apply the specific narrative and expository logic and skills of audiovisual and interactive content of an informative and non-informative nature.
- Develop creative capacity in audiovisual, multimedia and interactive production of different genres.
- Develop and apply knowledge on institutional and business communication management, as well as on the different strategies in the fields of corporate and advertising communication.
- Develop the ability to work in the media sector and to adapt to different work environments.
- Acquire an adequate oral and written comprehension and expression of Catalan and Spanish.
- Acquire a significant command of a foreign language, especially English.
- Acquire training in the use of new technologies and information and communication technologies.
- Acquire basic knowledge of entrepreneurship and professional environments.
- Acquire essential notions of scientific thought.
- Apply a gender perspective to tasks related to specific professional settings.